Who is a Class Member
You are included in the the Jenny Craig Text Message Spam class action settlement if you “received one or more text messages sent by or on behalf of Jenny Craig from May 7, 2014 through September 6, 2018.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
Settlement payments will be distributed on a pro rata (equal share) basis to Settlement Class Members and the exact amount will depend on the number of valid claims filed.
Proof of Purchase
Jenny Craig Text Message Spam Settlement Notes
- Bloom v. Jenny Craig Inc.
- Case No. 1:18-cv-21820-KMM
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
In May 2018, plaintiff Zoey Bloom filed this class action lawsuit against Jenny Craig alleging the company violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act or TCPA.
The TCPA is a federal law that prohibits:
- any person from calling a cellular telephone number;
- using an automatic telephone dialing system;
- without the recipient’s prior express consent
According to the complaint, on March 6, 2018 and April 10, 2018 Jenny Craig allegedly sent unwanted text messages to Bloom’s cell phone advertising promos for weight loss services. However, Bloom claims she never provided her express written consent to receive these text messages from Jenny Craig.
Jenny Craig denies that it did anything wrong, and denies that this case would be certified as a class action in litigation. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the Campus Debt TCPA settlement website.
- 3/12/19: Claim Form Deadline
- 11/5/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 2/25/19: Final Hearing at 10:00 am ET* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.BloomTCPASettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Bloom v Jenny Craig Settlement, c/o Heffler Claims Group, PO Box 7808, Philadelphia, PA 19101-7808
- Phone: 1-844-491-5744
- Andrew Shamis of Shamis & Gentile PA
- Manuel Hiraldo of Hiraldo Law PA
- Scott Edelsberg of Edelsberg Law PA