Who is a Class Member
- Class Members of the Citizens Bank Annual Fee class action settlement include “all persons who have held (individually or jointly) any one of more than 41, 064 Citizens banks or Charter One Bank Line of Credit accounts and Home Equity Line of Credit accounts identified by Citizens Bank as having been charges a full or partial annual account fee, possibly in error, on or before Dec. 31, 2016.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of otheryou may be eligible for.
Actual amounts of settlement payments and account credits will depend on how many Class members exclude themselves from the settlement and the expenses deducted for settlement administration as well as court costs.
Proof of Purchase
There is no deadline to submit a claim for settlement payment. Accountholders will automatically receive payment or account credit automatically, unless they opt out by Jan. 15, 2018. If you’re contact information has changed, be sure to update this information with the settlement administrator in order to receive your payment.
Citizens Bank Annual Fee Settlement Notes
- Hayes, et al. v. Citizens Financial Group Inc., et al.
- Case No. 1:16-cv-10671-RGS
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Plaintiffs Scott and Jasmeet Hayes filed this class action lawsuit alleging, among other things, that Citizens Bank incorrectly charges and collected annual fees on certain Citizens Bank and Charter One Bank home equity line of credit and line of credit accounts.
Citizens Bank denies any wrongdoing and liability but believe the settlement is in the best of interest of the Class members.
Class Members do not need to file a claim to get a settlement payment. Payments and account credits will be automatically dispersed unless Class Members opt out by Jan. 15, 2018. Class Members who need to update their contact information, can do so with the settlement administrator.
Class members who wish to object to the terms of the settlement must do so by Jan. 15, 2018.
- N/A: Claim Deadline
- 1/15/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 2/22/18: Final Fairness Hearing at 2:30 pm ET (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
- Mail: Hayes v. CFG, c/o Garden City Group, PO Box 10476, Dublin, OH 43017-4076
- Phone: 1-844-402-8591
- Email: questions@CitizensBankAnnualFeeClassActionSettlement.com
- Frederic L. Ellis of Ellis & Rapacki