Who is a Class Member
Class members of the IC System Debt Collection Calls TCPA Settlement includes all persons who were called on a cellular telephone by IC System between December 14, 2008 through November 9, 2017 using an automated dialer or prerecorded voice message and whose telephone number was associated with a cellular telephone number in IC System business records coded as a wrong number telephone call.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlements you may be eligible for.
Payment will be made to eligible claimants who submit a timely and valid claim form on a pro rata basis (equal share) after after attorneys’ fees, litigation costs, and settlement administration costs are deducted.
Proof of Purchase
- Claimants must provide current contact information, including name, address, and current phone number. Additionally, claimants will need to provide the cell phone number which received the wrong number calls. If you received a Notice via email and are filing your claim online, you will need to provide your 8-digit Unique ID that appears on the top of emailed Notice and the first three letters of the name to which the emailed Notice was sent.
IC System Debt Collection Calls TCPA Settlement Notes
- Reid v. IC System, Inc.
- Case No. CV-12-02661-PHX-ROS
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
Plaintiff Michael Reid initiated this class action lawsuit against IC System in December 2012, alleging the company violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) by using an autodialer or artificial, prerecorded voice calls to call cell phones for the purposes of debt collection.
According to the settlement website (www.ReidTCPASettlement.com), Reid alleges IC System willfully placed automated calls to his cell phone in an attempt to collect an alleged debt. Reid says that despite asking IC System to stop calling, the continued to call him repeatedly. The complaint also states that Reid never gave prior express consent to receive these automated debt collection calls from IC System – a provision of TCPA law.
As part of the proposed settlement, IC System does not admit to any wrongdoing and continues to deny the allegations against it but has agreed to pay $3.35M to resolve these claims and avoid further litigation.
The Frequently Asked Questions section on the settlement website further summarizes the proposed IC System Debt Collection Calls TCPA Settlement. Complete details are provided in the Settlement Agreement. The Settlement Agreement and other related documents are available at www.ReidTCPASettlement.com.
Class members who wish to exclude themselves or object to the terms of the IC System Debt Collection Calls TPCA Settlement must do so by February 19, 2018. Class members who wish to submit a claim for payment must do so by February 8, 2018.
- 2/8/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 2/19/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 3/27/18: Final Fairness Hearing at 1:00 pm PT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.ReidTCPASettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Reid v. IC System Class Action Settlement, c/o Dahl Administration, PO Box 3614, Minneapolis, MN 55403-0614
- Phone: 1-888-384-1523
- Email: info@ReidTCPASettlement.com
- Abbas Kazerounian and Matthew Loker of Kazerouni Law Group APC
- Joshua Swigart and David McGlothin of Hyde & Swigart
- Sergei Lemberg and Stephen Taylor of Lemberg Law