Who is a Class Member
Class members of the OCO Biomedical Fax Spam Class Action Settlement includes “all persons or business entities who were sent a telephone facsimile message of material advertising the commercial availability or quality of any property, goods, or services by or on behalf of OCO Biomedical, Inc. on or after March 18, 2012.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
Settlement Class members who submit a valid claim will receive a pro rata share of the settlement fund. Your exact payment will depend on how many Settlement Class members submit Claim Forms.
Proof of Purchase
- You will need to provide the fax number at which you received the unsolicited fax advertisements from OCO Biomedical.
OCO Biomedical Fax Spam TCPA Settlement Notes
- Ryoo Dental and Richard Marcus v. OCO Biomedical
- Case No. 8:16-cv-01626-DOC-KES
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
In 2016, plaintiffs Richard Marcus and Ryoo Dental brought this class action lawsuit against OCO Biomedical over alleged unsolicited fax advertisements. Specifically the plaintiffs claim OCO Biomedical violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
Among other provisions, the Junk Fax Prevention Act amended the TCPA to only allow fax advertisements to be sent to individuals and businesses to which the sender has an established business relationship with. Additionally, any business that sends fax advertisements also needs to provide a way for the recipient to opt out of receiving the fax spam.
OCO Biomedical denies the allegations and thinks the plaintiffs would not have won anything at trial. However, both sides agreed to a settlement to avoid the cost of further litigation and trial, and to make sure all the people involved will receive compensation. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the OCO Biomedical Fax Spam TCPA settlement website.
Class members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the OCO Biomedical Fax Spam settlement must do so by March 30, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit a claim form on or before March 30, 2018.
- 3/30/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 3/30/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 6/4/18: Final Hearing at 8:30 am PT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check the RyooDentalOCOSettlement.comto confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Ryoo Dental v. OCO Biomedical Settlement Administrator, PO Box 404041, Louisville, KY 40233-4041
- Phone: 1-866-653-4509