Who is a Class Member
You are included in the Aggrenox Generic Drug Delay Antitrust Class Action Settlement “if you purchased, paid or reimbursed for all or part of the cost of Solodyn® or generic versions of Solodyn® during the period from July 23, 2009 through February 20, 2018.”
Note: No one is claiming that Solodyn or its generic version is unsafe or ineffective.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlements you may be eligible for.
Your individual payout will be based on a number of factors, including the number of valid claims filed by all Settlement Class Members and the dollar value of each member of the Class’ purchase(s) in proportion to the total claims filed. A detailed Plan of Allocation can be found here.
Proof of Purchase
- Claimants will need to provide the total amount paid for purchases or reimbursement of Solodyn or generic versions.
Note: The Claims Administrator may ask for additional proof of payment such as itemized receipts, credit card statements, or records from your Pharmacy to verify the information on your claim form.
Solodyn Antibiotic Antitrust Settlement Notes
- In Re Solodyn (Minocycline Hydrochloride)) Antitrust Litigation
- Case No. 14-md-02503
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
A group of indirect purchasers of Solodyn and its generic equivalent brought this antitrust class action lawsuit against Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp., Impax Laboratories, Inc., Lupin Limited, Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc., and Sandoz Inc. Specifically, the case alleges that the defendants hurt competition by delaying the availability of a less-expensive generic veriosnof the antibiotic drug Solodyn. This caused consumers and third-party payors to pay too much for the drug.
Solodyn is an antibiotic oral medication used to treat moderate to severe acne in people 12 years of age and order. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria that may make acne worse. It is not an antibiotic used to treat colds or flu.
All of the defendants deny any wrongdoing. As of right now, this settlement involves only Medicis, who agreed to provide a cash payment of $23 million. Impax Laboratories settled separately for $20 million and the other three defendants already settled.
Again, no one is claiming that Solodyn or its generic counterpart is unsafe or ineffective.
Complete details are provided in the Settlement Agreement. The Settlement Agreement and other related documents are available on the Solodyn Antitrust Settlement website.
Class members who wish to object to the terms of the Solodyn Antitrust Settlement must do so by May 28, 2018. Class members who wish to submit a claim must do so by July 31, 2018.
- 7/31/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 5/28/18: Objection Deadline
- 7/19/18: Final Hearing at 1:00 pm ET* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.SolodynCase.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: In re Solodyn Antitrust Litigation (End-Payor Action), c/o A.B. Data, Ltd., P.O. Box 173034, Milwaukee, WI 53217
- Phone: 1-800-332-7414
- Email: info@SolodynCase.com
- Michael M. Buchman of Motley Rice LLC
- Steven Shadowen of Hilliard & Shadowen LLP