Who is a Class Member
You are a member of the Monsanto RoundUp Concentrate Settlement Class if:
You purchased one or more of the RoundUp Concentrate products listed below in the United States for personal or household use only (not for commercial or resale purposes and have not already received a full refund for your purchase during the applicable Class period:
- In California – on or after October 13, 2012
- In Other States – on or after April 5, of the relevant year, as determined by your State’s statute of limitations for False Advertising Claims.
|Super Concentrate 35.2 oz.||“Makes up to 23 Gallons”|
|Super Concentrate 53.7 oz. (0.42 gal.)||“Makes up to 35 Gallons”|
|Super Concentrate 64 oz. (1/2 gal.)||“Makes up to 42 Gallons”|
|Super Concentrate 128 oz. (1 gal.)||“Makes up to 85 Gallons”|
|Concentrate Plus 32 oz. (1 qt.)||“Makes up to 10 Gallons”|
|Concentrate Plus 36.8 oz.||“Makes up to 12 Gallons”|
|Concentrate Plus 40 oz.||“Makes up to 13 Gallons”|
|Concentrate Plus 64 oz. (1/2 gal.)||“Makes up to 21 Gallons”|
The RoundUp Concentrate products included in the settlement bears packaging that includes the statement “Makes Up to __ Gallons on the neck or shoulder of the bottle and were sold at various retail stores across the country, including (but not limited to) The Home Depot, Lowes, Wal-Mart, Target, Ace Hardware, True Value, Orchard Supply, and Amazon.com.
Note: Ready-to-Use Roundup and other Roundup products are not part of the settlement
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
- $11 – $53 per unit, limited to 20 items per household
Class Members can file a claim for a refund for approximately 50% of the retail price they paid for the applicable Roundup Concentrate products listed below. Claims are limited to 20 units per household. The specific refund amounts are as follows:
|Roundup® Product||Weighted Average
|Super Concentrate 35.2 oz.||$42.48||$21|
|Super Concentrate 53.7 oz. (0.42 gal.)||$62.88||$31|
|Super Concentrate 64 oz. (1/2 gal.)||$72.64||$36|
|Super Concentrate 128 oz. (1 gal.)||$105.85||$53|
|Concentrate Plus 32 oz. (1 qt.)||$21.31||$11|
|Concentrate Plus 36.8 oz.||$22.97||$11.50|
|Concentrate Plus 40 oz.||$26.40||$13|
|Concentrate Plus 64 oz. (1/2 gal.)||$44.54||$22|
Proof of Purchase
- While you do not need to provide proof that you purchased RoundUp Concentrate products, the claim form does recommend that you list the retail location and approximate date you purchased the products.
Monsanto RoundUp Concentrate Settlement Notes
- Joshua Rawa, et al. v. Monsanto Company
- Case No. 4:17-cv-01252-AGF
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
In 2017, plaintiff Joshua Rawa and several other named plaintiffs joined together to bring this class action lawsuit against Monsanto, claiming that the company’s RoundUp Concentrate products were falsely advertised as making more spray solution than the products were actually capable of making.
Specifically, the plaintiffs state that Roundup Weed & Grass Killer Concentrate Plus and Roundup Weed & Grass Killer Super Concentrate fail to make the advertise amount of gallons noted on the packaging. Instead, even when following the enclosed instructional pamphlet, the RoundUp Concentrate products only make roughly half of what the label says.
The lawsuit asserts that consumers did get what they paid for and were misled about the actual amount of product the RoundUp Concentrate spray products would make.
Monsanto denies the allegations and any wrongdoing, and the Class’s right to recover anything. Nevertheless, it has agreed to settle the lawsuit for the purpose of avoiding the time and expense of further litigation.
Under the terms of the $21.5 million RoundUp Concentrate settlement, Monsanto will refund customers who submit a valid and timely claim approximately 505 of the weighted average retail price up to 20 units per household. The settlement website further summarizes the terms of the settlement and how Class Members can file a claim. Complete details are provided in the Settlement Agreement. The Settlement Agreement and other related documents are available on the RoundUp Concentrate Settlement website.
Class members who wish to exclude themselves from the Monsanto RoundUp Concentrate Class Action Settlement must do so by March 6, 2018; those who wish to object to the terms of the settlement must do so by March 27, 2018. Class members who wish to submit a claim must do so by March 6, 2018.
- 3/6/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 3/27/18: Objection Deadline
- 3/6/18: Exclusion Deadline
- 4/17/18: Final Hearing at 9:30 am CT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.RoundUpConcentrateSettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Roundup Concentrate Settlement, c/o Dahl Administration, PO Box 3614, Minneapolis, MN 55403-0614
- Phone: 1-855-802-5279
- Email: info@RoundUpConcentrateSettlement.com
- Jack Fitzgerald of The Law Office of Jack Fitzgerald PC
- Sidney W. Jackson III of Jackson & Foster LLC