Who is a Class Member?
You are included in the Neiman Marcus Last Call class action settlement “if you made one or more Qualifying Purchases.
A Qualifying Purchase means the purchase of a product advertised by Neiman Marcus with a “Compared to” price from August 7, 2010 through May 21, 2018 (1) at any California Last Call store and/or (2) on Last Call’s website if you provided a California billing address.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
Your exact payment will depend on how many Settlement Class members submit valid Claim Forms and will be calculated using a point system.
Proof of Purchase
- No proof of purchase is necessary; however, Class Members who submit proof of purchase with their Claim Form can receive a higher cash payout for all qualifying purchases.
Neiman Marcus Last Call Settlement Notes
- Linda Rubenstein v. The Neiman Marcus Group LLC
- Case No. 2:14-cv-07155-SJO-JPR
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
In August 2014, plaintiff Linda Rubenstein filed this putative class action lawsuit alleging that consumers were deceived by the purported fake “Compared to” price tags on merchandise sold at Neiman Marcus Last Call outlet stores in California.
Outlet stores have become increasingly popular among shoppers who seek luxury products without the hefty price tag. According to the complaint, the products sold at Neiman Marcus Last Call stores have never been sold or intended to sell at Neiman Marcus’ flagship luxury stores. Instead, lower quality products are manufactured directly for sale at Neiman Marcus Last Call and sold at a price specifically determined for that purpose.
Despite this, Neiman Marcus includes a significantly higher “Compared to” price on its Last Call product price tags that suggest that the product has been discounted or is otherwise comparable to luxury products at the “Compared to” price point.
This practice, combined with the name and branding of the Neiman Marcus Last Call stores, deceives consumers into thinking that they are purchasing discounted Neiman Marcus luxury products in accordance with the traditional model of retail outlet stores.
Neiman Marcus denies all allegations and wrongdoing of any kind. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the Neiman Marcus Last Call settlement website.
Class members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the Neiman Marcus Last Call settlement must do so by August 20, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit a claim form on or before August 20, 2018.
- 8/20/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 8/20/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 10/1/18: Final Hearing at 10:00 am PT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.CALastCallSettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Neiman Marcus CA Last Call Settlement Program, Claims Administrator, P.O. Box 26972, Richmond, VA 23261
- Phone: 1-888-245-4112
- Michael Louis Kelly, Behram V. Parekh, and Joshua A. Fields of Kirtland & Packard LLP