Who is a Class Member
The American International Industries Wage and Hour Class Action Settlement includes:
- All current and former hourly non-exempt employees who were directly hired by AII in California at any time between October 16, 2010 to February 1, 2017.
- All current and former hourly non-exempt temporary employees who were placed by Chartwell Staffing Services, Inc., Reliable Resources, Inc., or Corporate Resources Services to work at AII facilities in California at any time between October 16, 2010 to July 27, 2016.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
Your payout will depend on if you were a direct hire or a temporary hire. You can view your estimated payout on your individual Class Notice.
Proof of Purchase
American International Industries Wage and Hour Settlement Notes
- Martha Garcia, Yolanda Ramirez, Sandra Velasco, et al. v. American International Industries
- Case No. BC560886
- Pending in the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles
Plaintiffs Martha Garcia, Yolanda Ramirez, and Sandra Velasco filed this wage and hour class action lawsuit against American International Industries, alleging violations of California labor laws. American International Industries manufacturers and distributes beauty and skin care products for men and women, including self-tanning sprays, tanning accelerators, nail care products, eye lash products, hair products, and more. The company services retail, pharmacy, beauty-supply, grocery, and salons.
Specifically, the plaintiffs claim, among other California wage and hour violations, that American International industries failed to:
- pay minimum and overtime wages as a result of uneven rounding time
- provide compliant rest breaks
- provide accurate wage statements
- pay all wages on termination
Under the terms of the settlement, American International Industries agreed to pay over $2.9 million and maintain they did nothing wrong.
Class members who wish to opt-out or object to the settlement must do so by June 18, 2018. If you wish to dispute your compensable workweeks, you must contact the Settlement Administrator no later than June 18, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement do not need to do anything.
- 6/18/18: Objection or Opt-Out Deadline
- 6/18/18: Dispute Deadline
- 7/31/18: Final Hearing at 1:45 pm PT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.cptgroup.com/AmericanInternationalSettlement to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Garcia, Ramirez and Velasco v. American International Industries, c/o CPT Group, Inc., 50 Corporate Park Irvine, CA 92606
- Phone: 1-877-619-0034
- Fax: 1-949-419-3446
- Michael Nourmand and James A. De Sario of The Nourmand Law Firm APC