Who is a Class Member
- Residents of Arkansas who were Bank of the Ozarks customers and were charged Overdraft Fees on an account between December 4, 2006, and June 30, 2011, as a result of Bank of the Ozarks’ former practice of resequencing transactions that included at least one debit transaction from highest to lowest dollar amount
- Estimated amount any one class member will receive is $100
Proof of Purchase
- Yes. Class members will need to complete and sign the Proof of Claim form
Ozark Overdraft Settlement Notes
- Walker v. Bank of the Ozarks
- Case No. CV-11-777
- Pending in The Circuit Court of Lonoke County Arkansas
Class members contend that Bank of the Ozarks resequenced customer debit account transactions from largest to smallest in dollar amount so that more Overdraft Fees could be charged.
Bank of the Ozarks denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to $2,750,000.00 settlement pool in order to avoid further litigation.
Class members who file valid claims will be represented by Allen Carney from the law firm of Carney Bates & Pulliam, PLLC. Carney Bates & Pullman can be reached at (501) 312-8500. Allen Carney can be reached via email at email@example.com.
Class members who wish to exclude themselves from the lawsuit must notify the court in writing (class members cannot submit an exclusion over the phone or via the ozarkoverdraftsettlement.com website). All exclusion request must be submitted to: Bank of the Ozarks Settlement Claims Administrator P.O. Box 4218 Portland, OR 97208-4218 (please include proper postage and the class members full name).
- 10/19/17: Objection deadline
- 10/19/17: Opt out deadline
- 11/13/17: Settlement approval hearing at 9:00 a.m. EST (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie)
- 11/29/17: Claim form deadline
- Mail: Claims Administrator, Bank of the Ozarks Settlement, P.O. Box 4218. Portland, OR 97208-4218
- Phone: 1-800-690-7357
- Email: Not available