Who is a Class Member
The Jeunesse Distributor Starter Kit class action settlement includes “all people in the United States who:
(1) Executed a contract with Jeunesse providing the opportunity to sell or resell Jeunesse products and/or to sponsor other persons to do so; paid for a “Starter Kit” of materials to facilitate this business opportunity; directly or indirectly held a position in the Jeunesse genealogy of distributors; and/or purchased Jeunesse products at the discounted prices available only to Jeunesse distributors, between January 1, 2010, and September 13, 2018.
(2) Intended to build a business as a Jeunesse distributor, but failed to earn at least the amount he or she paid for the Starter Kit in commissions or product resale; and/or
(3) Purchased one or more Jeunesse products from Jeunesse with the intention of reselling, but was unsuccessful in reselling the product(s).”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlements you may be eligible for.
The benefits provided under this Settlement are for people who attempted to build a Jeunesse distributorship business and either (1) did not earn as much in sales commissions or product resale profits as they paid for the Jeunesse “Starter Kit” and/or (2) purchased Jeunesse products from Jeunesse intending to resell them, but did not successfully resell them. Note that any active distributor who files a claim for benefits will be deemed to have resigned as an active distributor.
Starter Kit Benefit Group: People in the Starter Kit Benefit Group will receive a payment of up to the amount of their Starter Kit purchase, less any commissions or product resale profits they have earned.
Discarded/Retained Product Benefit Group: People in the Discarded Product Benefit Group are eligible for a payment of up to 50% of the purchase price of the products they affirm they discarded. Those who still have unopened products may return those products to Jeunesse by following Jeunesse’s normal return procedures and receive a 90% refund, even if those products are beyond their expiration date. Your payment will be based on how much you were charged for the relevant products and how many other Claims are submitted. If, after all Claims are submitted, the Claims total more than funds available, the payments will be reduced.
Proof of Purchase
- Class Member submitting claims for discarded products will need to provide information about these products.
- Class Members who are seeking a refund for return product will need follow the instructions under the Jeunesse Extended Product Return Benefit.
Jeunesse Distributor Starter Kit Settlement Notes
- James J. Aboltin v. Jeunesse LLC, et al.
- Case No. 6:17-cv-01624-PGB-KRS
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Plaintiff James Aboltin filed this class action lawsuit against Jeunesse alleging the company engaged in unfair business practices that lured people into paying for a business opportunity that was intentionally and knowingly rigged against new Jeunesse distributors. Jeunesse is a multilevel marketing (MLM) company that sells and markets skin care products and supplements.
Specifically, the Jeunesse Distributor class action lawsuit claims the company operated a fraudulent pyramid scheme. In the complaint, Aboltin shares that he was deceived by Jeunesse’s misleading business opportunity, falsely believing that it was a legitimate way to earn money, but instead ended up losing money as a result of Jeunesse’s “unfair, unlawful, and fraudulent business practices”.
“Jeunesse is a global pyramid scheme disguised as a multilevel marketing company that purports to provide an array of purportedly youth-enhancing skin care products and dietary supplements to customers,” the lawsuit asserts.
According to the complaint, in order to attract product distributors, Jeunesse promises that new distributors can earn over $26,000 per week, even going so far as to say distributors can take home millions in revenue annually. The problem is that these figures can’t be supported or substantiated. Additionally, new distributors are required to initially invest between $249.90 to $1,849.90 in order to even be eligible for the compensation plan. However, the Jeunesse class action lawsuit contends that this compensation plan is structured so that new Jeunesse distributors are only able only recoup their investment by either recruiting distributors below them or selling the products to themselves, leading to substantial monetary losses.
Jeunesse denies that it did anything wrong. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the Jeunesse Distributor Settlement website.
- 12/31/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 11/26/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 1/9/18: Final Hearing at 3:00 pm ET* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.JeunesseDistributorSettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Jeunesse Distributor Settlement, c/o Epiq, P.O. Box 5270, Portland, OR 97208-5270
- Phone: 1-877-588-5714
- Email: info@JeunesseDistributorSettlement.com
- Jonathan S. Batchelor of Jonathan Batchelor PLC