Who is a Class Member
You are included in the Ferrara Candy class action settlement “if you are a resident of the United States who purchased one or more cardboard boxes” of any flavors or varieties of the following candies between February 21, 2013 and June 21, 2018:
- Now & Later
- Black Forest
- Boston Baked Beans
- Super Bubble
- Atomic Fireball
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
- 50 cents per product purchased
Class Members with proof of purchase may submit a claim for $0.50 per box for each product purchased. Class Members who do not have a purchase receipt, and who submit a valid claim, will be entitled to a maximum refund of $0.50 per box for up to 15 boxes, totaling $7.50.
Note: “These amounts will be increased proportionally (pro rata) if the total amount of claims does not exhaust the available settlement funds.”
Proof of Purchase
- N/A; however if you do not submit proof of purchase, you can only claim a maximum cash refund of $7.50.
Ferrara Candy Settlement Notes
- Thomas Iglesias v. Ferrara Candy Co.
- Case No. 3:17-cv-00849-VC
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
In February 2017, plaintiff Thomas Iglesias filed this class action lawsuit against Ferrara Candy Co. over allegations the candy maker engages in the practice of slack-filling their products.
Haven’t heard of Ferrara Candy Co.? You’ve probably consumed their products. They make Jujyfruit, Jujubes, Now & Later, Lemonhead, RedHot, and Boston Baked Beans just to name a few.
Specifically, the lawsuit contends that the Ferrara candy products’ oversized packaging deceived consumers into believing they are receiving more candy than they actually receive due to the presence of nonfunctional empty space, or “slack-fill”.
Ferrara is not the only company to be accused of this reportedly deceptive practices as of late. Herbal Zen Nutrition, Knor Pasta Sides, and the makers of Junior Mints are just a few of the companies that have been named in class action lawsuits involving allegations of deceptive slack-fill packaging practices.
Ferrara denies any wrongdoing or liability. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the Ferrara Candy settlement website.
Class members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the Ferrara Candy settlement must do so by September 20, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit a claim form on or before September 20, 2018.
- 9/20/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 9/20/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 10/25/18: Final Hearing at 10:00 am PT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.FerraraCandySettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Ferrara Candy Claims Administrator, Digital Settlement Group LLC, 8001 Broadway, Suite 200, Merrillville, IN 46410
- Phone: 1-877-452-8477
- Email: info@FerraraCandySettlement.com
- Ryan J. Clarkson, Shireen M. Clarkson, and Bahar Sodaify of Clarkson Law Firm PC