Who is a Class Member
The Babyganics class action settlement includes “all persons and entities in the United States who made retail purchases of Covered Products from September 7, 2010 to June 26, 2018.”
For a complete list of Babyganics products covered in this settlement, click here.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
Claimants who provide proof of purchase can expect to receive a full refund. Claimants that do not show proof or purchase can receive a partial refund of up to 8 Babyganics products.
Proof of Purchase
- In order to receive a full refund, you will need to submit proof of purchase in the form of a receipt or other form of documentation showing you actually purchased the product.
Babyganics Settlement Notes
- Tanya Mayhew, et al. v. KAS Direct LLC and S.C. Johnson & Son Inc.
- Case No. 7:16-cv-06981
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
In August 2017 plaintiffs Tanya Mayhew and Tanveer Alibhai filed this class action lawsuit against the makers of Babyganics products alleging among other claims, deceptive advertising and unfair marketing practices. Babyganics is a product line consisting of a variety of baby care, sun protection, and cleaning products for babies and children. Many of the products are allegedly falsely labeled as being “mineral-based”, “natural”, “plant-based”, “tear-free”, and “SPF 50+”.
According to the complaint, by using the name Babyganics for their products, the defendants are misleading consumers into believing their products are organic, when in fact they are not. Additionally, the sunscreens are labeled as being “mineral-based”, when they actually contain chemical ingredients. The lawsuit contends that the defendants purposefully and unlawfully capitalized on consumers’ willingness to pay a premium for truly organic, mineral-based, or natural products.
The makers of Babyganics products deny any wrongdoing but agreed to settle claims for $2.215 million. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the Babyganics settlement website.
Class members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the Babyganics settlement must do so by October 10, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit a claim form on or before October 29, 2018.
- 10/29/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 10/10/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 11/14/18: Final Hearing at 10:30 am ET* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.BabyGanicsSettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail:,Babyganics Settlement Administrator, c/o Angeion Group, 1650 Arch Street, Suite 2210, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Phone: 1-888-332-0279
- Email: info@BabyganicsSettlement.com
- Clayton Halunen and Amy Boyle of Halunen Law
- Charles Joseph LaDuca and Kathryn Van Dyck of Cuneo Gilbert & LaDuca LLP
- Jason Sultzer of The Sultzer Law Group PC