Who is a Class Member
- If you received one or more calls on a cell phone from an automatic telephone dialing system made without your consent by, or on behalf of, Ocwen Loan Servicing LLC between Oct. 27, 2010 and Oct. 6, 2017, you may benefit from this $17.5 million class action settlement.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other open class action settlements you may be eligible for.
- The final cash payout amount will depend on the total number of valid and timely claims filed by all Settlement Class Members. It is estimated that the amount of cash award will be $60, based on a ten percent claim rate.
- Eligible Settlement Class Members may make one claim per “associated unique cellular telephone number called.”
Proof of Purchase
- N/A. However, you must provide your cell phone number and that number must match one or more 1,685,757 specific cell phone numbers Ocwen called using its Aspect dialing system between Oct. 27, 2010 and Oct. 6, 2017.
Ocwen Loan Servicing TCPA Settlement Notes
- Snyder, et al. v. Ocwen Loan Servicing LLC
- Case No. 1:14-cv-08461
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Consumer plaintiffs Keith Snyder, Susan Mansanarez, and Tracee Beecroft filed this putative nationwide class action lawsuit against Ocwen Loan Servicing, alleging violations of the telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) by using an automatic telephone dialing system to call cell phones without proper consent,
Under the TCPA, automated calls to cell phones without prior consent is prohibited. Specifically, the plaintiffs contend that during the applicable period, Ocwen failed to implement a policy for obtaining consent prior to calling consumers’ cell phones using its Aspect automatic telephone dialing system. As a result, Ocwen placed nearly 106,000 unauthorized calls to 1,685,757 unique cellphone numbers between Oct. 27, 2010 and Oct. 6, 2017, according to court documents.
In addition to paying settlement awards to Settlement Class Members, the $17.5 million settlement fund will be used to pay attorneys’ fees and court costs, any service awards to each of the three Class Representatives, settlement administration, and a possible charitable contribution if there are uncashed settlement award checks.
Ocwen denies it did anything wrong, or that this case is appropriate treatment as a class action but has agreed to settle claims to avoid further litigation. Ocwen has also agreed to alter its recordkeeping practices as to whether it has obtained consent to call cell phone numbers, and has agreed to pay certain minimum amounts in future lawsuits that may arise.
Class members who wish to submit a claim must do so by Feb. 19, 2018.
Class members who wish to exclude themselves or opt out from the settlement must notify the Settlement Administrator in writing and postmarked no later than Feb. 19, 2018 (class members cannot submit an exclusion over the phone or via the ocwentcpasettlement.com website).
- 3/5/18: Claim form deadline
- 3/5/18: Opt out or exclusion deadline
- 3/5/18: Objection deadline
- 4/5/18: Settlement approval hearing at 9:30 a.m. CT (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie
- Mail: Ocwen TCPA Settlement Administrator, PO Box 3775, Portland, OR 97208-3775
- Phone: 1-888-723-1549
- Beth E. Terrell and Adrienne D. McEntee of Terrell Marshall Law Group PLLC
- Alexander H. Burke of Burke Law Offices LLC
4 thoughts on “$17.5M Ocwen Loan Servicing TCPA Class Action Settlement”
like to know abt settlement No.1:14-cv-08461 (N.D.Ill.) i have a confirmation no203QG6YF is this been settled or still on going and any information that is coming up please e-mail me tks
I would like to know if the settlement payments have been mailed. I sent in my information on 11-21-17. Ive tried to call the phone number provided by no answers yet
Any update on when we can expect our settlement payment? It’s long past the April hearing date…
I would like to know how many people they are Sub mitt it for this Settlement five months ago was 76 people now is it 106