Who is a Class Member
- If you purchased certain KT Tape products in the United States between October 30, 2011 and November 3, 2017, then you may benefit from this class action settlement.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of otheryou may be eligible for.
- Consumers who submit a valid and timely claim are eligible to receive a partial refund of the purchase price of the KT Tape products, up to 50% of the full retail price. The per-unit retail prices for the purpose of determining partial refund amounts are as follows:
- KT Tape Original: $12.99
- KT Tape Pro: $19.99
- KT Tape ProX: $19.99
- KT Tape Gentle: $21.99
- KT Tape Pro Extreme: $21.99
- KT Tape Olympic: $19.99
- Limited Edition KT Tape: $21.99
- KT Recovery + Recovery Patch (4 Count): $9.99
- KT Recovery + Recovery Patch (6 Count): $14.99
- KT Tape Flex (8 count): $15.99
- KT Tape Flex (12 count): $19.99
- KT Tape Recovery + Ice/Heat (regular): $44.99
- KT Tape Recovery + Ice/Heat (with instant ice): $49.99
- KT Tape Clinical Pro: $89.99
- KT Tape Clinical Cotton: $69.99
- KT Tape Edema: $69.99
- KT Tape Grip: $12.99
Proof of Purchase
- Proof of purchase is not required for the first package of KT Tape. However, you will need to provide proof of purchase for any KT Tape purchases that you claim in excess of one package and up to 5 packages.
Athletic KT Tape False Advertising Settlement Notes
- Vuckovic v. KT Health Holdings LLC
- Case No. 1:15-cv-13696-GAO
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
The KT Tape Class Action Settlement resolves consumer claims alleging that KT falsely advertised and labeled its athletic tape products as being able to relieve pain from a variety of sports-related injuries and also prevent injury.
The action originated back in November 2015, when Plaintiff Alexander Vuckovic filed a class action lawsuit in Massachusetts Federal Court alleging that he and similarly situated consumers were defrauded by the advertising on Kinesiology Tape packaging. Specifically, the class action lawsuit alleges that there is no scientific evidence to support KT’s claims that its athletic tape successfully treats 16 specific injuries, including carpal tunnel, runner’s knee, tennis elbow, plantar fasciitis, achilles tendonitis, ankle sprains, and shin splints.
KT denies any actions of wrong doing but has agreed to the $1,750,000.00 settlement in order to avoid further litigation.
Class members who wish to submit a claim must do so by May 16, 2018.
Class members who wish to be excluded or opt out from the settlement must notify the Settlement Administrator in writing and postmarked no later than May 16, 2018 (class members cannot submit an exclusion over the phone or via the ktsettlement.com website).
- 5/16/18: Objection deadline
- 5/16/18: Opt out or exclusion deadline
- 6/6/18: Final approval hearing at 10:00 p.m. EST (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie)
- 5/16/18: Claim form deadline
- Mail: KT Tape Settlement, c/o Dahl Administration, PO Box 3614, Minneapolis, MN 55403-0614
- Phone: 1-888-219-6059
- Email: info@KTSettlement.com
- David Pastor of Pastor Law Office LLP
- Preston W. Leonard of Leonard Law Office PC
- Nathan Zipperian of Shepherd Finkelman Miller & Shah LLP