Who is a Class Member
The GreenBank Overdraft Fees Settlement includes “all GreenBank consumer Account Holders in the United States who, from February 1, 2005 to June 30, 2011, incurred an overdraft fee as a result of GreenBank’s Debit Card Transaction processing method, including its former practice of Debit Re-Sequencing.”
There are two subclasses in the Settlement Class and they include individuals who incurred overdraft fees as a result of GreenBank’s former practices:
- Weekend and Holiday High-to-Low Subclass: All members of the Class who incurred an additional Overdraft Fee as a result of GreenBank’s practice of Debit Re-sequencing all Debit Card Transactions received for settlement on any Saturday, Sunday, federal holiday, or weekday after GreenBank was closed, where the additional Overdraft Fee would not have been incurred if GreenBank had processed such transactions either chronologically or in order from lowest to highest dollar amount.
- Weekend and Holiday Batch Processing Sub-class: All members of the Class who incurred an additional overdraft fee as a result of GreenBank’s practice of processing together all Debit Card Transactions received for settlement on a Saturday, Sunday, federal holiday, or weekday after GreenBank was closed with all Debit Card Transactions received for settlement on the following business day, collectively in order from highest to lowest dollar amount, where the additional Overdraft Fee would not have been incurred had GreenBank processed all such Debit Card Transactions, in order from highest to lowest dollar amount, separately in chronological date order based on the dates they were received for settlement.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
Class members who do not exclude themselves from the settlement will automatically receive a payment by check or account credit for a pro rata portion of the settlement fund. The exact amount of your payment will be based on the amount of eligible overdraft fees you paid as a result of GreenBank’s debit card transaction processing methods during the Class period.
Proof of Purchase
GreenBank Overdraft Settlement Notes
- Amy Morton v. GreenBank
- Case No. 11:135-IV
- Pending in the Chancery Court of Davidson County, Tennessee, for the Twentieth Judicial District at Nashville
Plaintiff Amy Morton brought this class action lawsuit alleging GreenBank unfairly assessed and collected on excessive overdraft fees and manipulated and reordered transactions to increse the number of overdraft fees it imposed on its customers.
Morton, who is a current checking account customer of GreenBank, says she was wrongfully changed multiple overdraft fees on numerous occasions. For example, Morton was charged 12 overdraft fees on December 3, 2010 in the amount of $31.95 each, for a total of $383.40. However, Morton asserts that if GreenBank had not reordered her transactions from highest to lowest, she would not have incurred these 12 overdraft charges. She claims that if GreenBank had posted the transaction from lowest to highest, she would have only incurred one overdraft fee. Likewise, had GreenBank posted the transaction in chronological order, she would have only been assessed 9 overdraft feed instead of 12.
GreenBank maintains that there was nothing wrong with the posting orders it used, and that it complied, at all times, with applicable laws and regulations and the terms of the account agreements with its customers. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the GreenBank Overdraft class action settlement website.
Class members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the settlement must do so by March 13, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement do not need to do anything.
- 3/13/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 4/17/18: Final Hearing at 8:30 am CT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.GreenBankOverdraftLitigation.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Settlement Administrator, GreenBank Overdraft Settlement, PO Box 6659, Portland, OR 97228-6659
- Email: info@GreenBankOverdraftLitigation.com
- Jeffrey M. Ostrow and Jonathan M. Streisfeld of Kopelowitz Ostrow PA
- Darren T. Kaplan of Darren Kaplan Law Firm PC