Who is a Class Member
- Class Members of the Verified Credentials Employment Background settlement include “all US residents who were the subject of a consumer report sold by Verified to a third party for employment purposes and whose report contained at least one public record of a criminal conviction, civil lien, bankruptcy, or civil judgment that was likely to have an adverse effect on the consumer’s ability to obtain employment.”
The court has certified two subclasses as follows:
- Automatic Payments Class: Consumers who meet the above criteria and who disputed the public record contained in the Verified Credential’s consumer report.
- Opt-In Class: Consumers who meet the above criteria and did not receive notice under FCRA regulations.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of otheryou may be eligible for.
- Between $19.07 and $256
Note: The settlement payouts will be dispersed pro rata and are estimated to be between $19.07 and $256, depending on how many Opt-In Class Members submit a timely and valid claim.
Proof of Purchase
Verified Credentials Employee Background Check Settlement Notes
- Ashley Moody, et al. v. Ascenda USA Inc. d/b/a 24/7 Intouch, et al.
- Case No. 16-cv-60364
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Plaintiff Ashley Moody filed the Verified Credentials Employee Background class action lawsuit, alleging the company violated the Fair Credit and Reporting Act (FCRA) when it failed to provide notice to consumers on whom it reported public record information for employment purposes that was likely to have an adverse effect on the consumers’ ability to obtain employment.
The class action lawsuit also claims Verified Credentials failed to conduct reinvestigations of consumer disputers without consumers first providing the company with written forms of identification.
Verified Credentials denies these claims but has agreed to settle to avoid further litigation.
Class members who wish to exclude themselves or opt-out of the settlement must do so by Jan. 27, 2018. Members of the Opt-In ClassClass must submit a claim by Jan. 27, 2018. Members of the Automatic Payment Class do not need to do anything to receive a payment.
- 1/27/17: Claim Form Deadline (For Members of the Opt-In Class only)
- 1/27/18: Exclusion or Objection Deadline
- 3/9/18: Final approval hearing at 1:30 pm ET (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
- Mail: Moody v. Verified Settlement, PO Box 23680, Jacksonville, FL 32241
- Email: info@VerifiedFCRASettlement.com
- Luis A. Cabassa and Brandon J. Hill of Wenzel Fenton Cabassa PA
- Leonard A. Bennett and Craig C. Marchiando of Consumer Litigation Associates PC