Who is a Class Member
You are a member of the Ductile Iron Pipe Fittings Indirect Purchaser Antitrust Class Action Settlement if you or your company or non-federal governmental entity purchased DIPF originally made or sold by one of the Defendants during the period from and including January 11, 2008, up to and including December 31, 2013, from someone other than one of the Defendants.
The defendants in this case are McWane Inc., and its divisions, Clow Water Systems Co. Tyler Pipe Company, and Tyler Union.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
The Net settlement fund will be divided equally among Class members who submit a timely claim form. The actual payout will depend on how many valid claims forms are received.
Proof of Purchase
- Class members will need to indicate their DIPF purchases.
Ductile Iron Pipe Fittings Indirect Purchaser Antitrust Settlement Notes
- In re Ductile Iron Pipe Fittings (“DIPF”) Indirect Purchaser Antitrust Litigation
- Case No. 3:12-cv-00169-AET-LHG
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
The plaintiffs in this antitrust class action litigation claim that McWane participated in a conspiracy to fix prices of Ductile Iron Pipe Fittings in violation of the Sherman Act. Additionally, the complaint states that McWane conspired to monopolize and restrain trade in the domestic Ductile Iron Pipe Fittings market.
These alleged price-fixing actions had indirect purchasers of Ductile Iron Pipe Fittings paying more than they should have.
McWane denies all of the allegations and maintains it did nothing wrong but entered into the settlement solely to avoid the inconvienence and expense of continued litigation. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the DIPF Indirect Purchases Antitrust settlement website.
Class members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the First Resolution Investment Debt Collection settlement must do so by April 10, 2018. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit a claim form on or before June 27, 2018.
- 6/27/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 5/23/18: Objection Deadline
- 5/29/18: Exclusion Deadline
- 6/13/19: Final Hearing at 9:30 am ET* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check www.DIPFIndirectSettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: DIPF Indirect Purchaser Antitrust Litigation, c/o GCG, P.O. Box 10251, Dublin, OH 43017-5751
- Phone: 1-855-907-3111
- Joseph C. Kohn of Kohn Swift & Graf PC
- Robert S. Kitchenoff of Weinstein Kitchenoff & Asher LLC
- David Kovel of Kirby McInerney LLP